Monday, January 4, 2010

#1 priority:: glorify my Father.

Goodness gracious, its been forever since i last wrote. i have missed writing. no joke. writing on here keeps me in line with things. helps me see what my priorities are. and right now, my #1 priority is my urgency to share the gospel with lost people i have met recently and who i will meet in the future.

I'm going to Wake Forest-Rolesville High in a few short weeks, and to be honest, i am very excited about this. Yea, the school is much bigger, a lot of my closest friends go there, and it's right near my house. there's three exciting reasons for going there, but it's not my main reason. i've mentioned before, i believe, that i am going there so i can try and make an impact for my Jesus and my God. i'm going there to share the GREAT news the gospel has. i'm going there to share the love of Jesus. i'm going there to bring honor and glory to my Savior.

Recently, i have been getting a tad bit nervous about going to WFR. i'm not nervous about classes or making friends. i can be a smart, studious student when i actually want to be and try, and making friends is really easy for me. i like talking to people i dont know, so im excited about making new friends actually. but what i am worried about is my courage to boldly tell people about Christ. that's my #1 reason for going to this school, and i want to glorify my Lord as much as i can. this can be easy sometimes, and this can be hard at others.

i was talking to my dad today about going to this new school. i was telling him about my excitement i have for going there and how i'm honestly excited to be rejected by people because of my faith. my relationship with the Lord thrives on persecution. and this is what my dad and i were talking about. he was telling me how it will come to a point where i will be exhausted spiritually from rejection, but i'm okay with that. being a Christian in today's society isn't always just simple and easy. it hardly ever is, actually. but i'm okay with this. if a Christian honestly thinks that the safest place to be is in the center of God's will, then they're absolutely crazy. Being in the center of His will can get you killed. now, i'm not saying that the day i start at wfr and tell one person about Christ, i'm gona die. i mean, it can happen, but most likely it wont. but i am saying that it's going to be hard, but i'm preparing for that.

tonight i was talking to a new friend about Christ. he told me he believed that there is one God who created everything, but he doesnt quite believe or understand that Christ truly is our Savior. he said he doesnt even really believe in a heaven and a hell anymore. tonight, i just listened to him and listened to his view of things. i wasn't trying to be pushy by any means. just listened. he then honestly told me that he just doesnt know some answers. which is okay. i dont even know every answer. no one does but God, but i didnt hear him out then tell him what's right and what's wrong. and he thanked me for that. he told me that he was glad that i just listened to him and didnt start an argument. i honestly cannot stand it when christians witness (or try to witness) to someone, and dont even hear out their side of things. they just jump to conclusions and start telling the unbeliever their side. this sometimes works, but it can also turn alot of people away.

say that tonight when i was talking to this friend, i let him only say a few things, then the very first time he said he didnt believe Christ is the true Savior i jumped in and just started preaching at him. honestly, if i had done that, i know he wouldnt have listened to me anymore. but i didnt do that. i didnt even give my whole view tonight, but i did invite him to my church. i'm trying to build a friendship with him. but i'm going to continue to pray for him for sure. he even asked me that maybe me him and another friend of ours can hang out and talk about it sometime. i cant wait to see how the Lord uses myself and other people in his life.

this is just one person that i've talked to in the last 4 hours about the Lord. and i'm pretty sure i'm going to be thriving on this excitement for a while now. which is what i'm looking forward to at wfr. yea, i'm nervous about making a mistake. and i know i will make quite a few mistakes. nobody's perfect. so i'm not going to tell myself that i'm even close to perfection. but i am going to try to be more like Christ. whether someone listens to what i have to say, or someone cusses me out and tells me how stupid i am for believing in this. either way, i'm here on earth to glorify my Father. and that's exactly what i'm going to try to do. and i cant wait to have more conversations with friends from wfr that may be similar to the one me and my friend had tonight.

God is so good. i can't wait to see what He has in store for me. (:

1 comment:

  1. Hannah. You are awesome. It excites and encourages me to hear about someone sharing the Gospel with their friends!

    I went to a public school my whole life until SEBTS and, honestly, I prefer it. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be around Christian friends and have the opportunity to take Bible classes in high school but all that pales in comparison to having the opportunity to be able to tell your friends about Jesus.

    I just prayed for you... like 2 minutes ago.

    Thank you for being an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete