Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gots some excitement in my bodayyyy (:

Holy....it's been a full 27 days since i've last blogged. Man, that's insane. I feel horrible about it because blogging keeps me in line and accountable. I need this back in my life again!

Anyways, I've been wondering lately about what makes people excited. For some it's seeing friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, family, or just any person in general. For some it's going to a concert to see their favorite band. For some it's seeing their favorite sports team win an intense game. And for some, it's witnessing someone accept Christ, hear about Christ, tell someone about Christ, read something about Christ, or just anything that has to do with Jesus Christ!

All of these things excite me. I like to be an exciting/excited person. The smallest things, like a new simple Sharpie marker, can make me excited. I've been counting down to seeing a guy who is currently in my life. I'm excited to see my dad when he gets back from his travels on Monday. I just saw that Michael Buble is going to be at the RBC center in July, and i'm already excited about going, yet i havent even bought tickets yet! Sports teams.... yea, go Heels! And Jesus Christ..... goodness, just hearing His name (when used correctly) gets me very excited!

As most people know, I have started at my new school now. I started this past Tuesday, and love it! The first day i didnt meet a wholeeee lot of people, I was so overwhelmed with the drastic change that i couldn't focus much on making new friends. But something i did have in the very front of my mind, was wanting to tell EVERYONE about Jesus. And by the end of the week i was able to talk about either church, my old school (which was Christian), or Jesus Himself with i believe 9 new people. One girl was able to read my whole testimony! (I wrote it out as a personal narrative for an english assignment and she read it.) And this totally excites me!!

I'm excited that i've already had at least a few opportunities to mention something about one of those 3 topics with new people. I mean, this is the reason for me going to this school. So seeing it already happening, gosh, it's awesome.

But the past week or so, as i've began to think of the excitement of people, I realized how easily i am excited about certain things and will express my excitement to where everyone knows how extremely excited i am, but when it comes to Christ i don't think i show my excitement nearly as much as i should. On here (my blog), i could talk about it forever. But in person i'll be like "oh Jesus makes me sooo excited!" but then i'll change the subject or someone else will. but if it's something about counting down to getting to see someone... i tell EVERYBODY! and even do like a little happy dance thing. So, i ask myself.. why do i get sooo excited about things that are absolutely nothing compared to my God? Honestly, i don't really know. That's how alot of people are. They get excited about Christ, but get more excited about something else.. or so it seems. I pray i can work on this. I pray that no matter what, I will always be excited to share Christ with someone who needs to hear it. If i'm consistently excited, then i'll alwayssss be talking about it. Don't get me wrong, Christ gets me farrr more excited than everything, i'm just saying that i dont show it nearly as much as i should. I mean, when someone's favorite football team wins the superbowl, they celebrate like crazy! but then they go to church and sit all quiet and don't seem excited at all. this seriously needs to be fixed and prioritized.

Just something to think on for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment